Finance Business Partner - SME
Band B £Competitive Salary - Car Allowance, Private Health, 27 days holiday +Bens
Work From Home/Hybrid/Agile working - We do have Manchester Hub location for Hybrid working but the role can be remote.
We are the bank for people with purpose. The only bank born from the co-operative movement 150 years ago. We believe in the power of 'we' and putting values and ethics first. We are looking for talented individuals who want to make their next career move in a bank that celebrates co-operative spirit. And did we mention we are award winning? Year on year award winners for our products, our customer service and our commitment to communities.
What we want:
We are looking for a commercially driven BP to provide financial partnering to the SME Director & their leadership teams, to understand perspectives and actions planned for minimising risks and opportunities, you will use your commercial acumen to gain business alignment to successfully understand and implement the strategy, act as a catalyst to drive the strategic priorities and operational priorities which underpin it, to challenge business decision making acting as a key stakeholder to optimise commercial outcomes for the Bank. You will support the Finance function in protecting the assets of the Bank and deliver the committed financial outcomes aligned to the strategy, and in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package. So, if this is of interest to you then we would be keen to hear from you
- Responsible for liaising with Financial Planning to understand the financial outcomes expected of the business area or areas
- Responsible for liaising with Financial Insight and Reporting team members to understand emerging risks and opportunities visible in standard reporting
- Member of the business area leadership team acting as an active participant in strategic discussions, ensuring financial insight in those discussions are reflected as appropriate
- Working with the MD of the business area and their leadership team to prioritise short term and medium term activities to optimise financial outcomes, including the projects and initiatives in their area
- Updates the finance team on matters relevant for wider insight into the Bank’s actual performance or into the forecast projections
- Reviews the key elements of the business area’s financial plans and budgets to ensure they reflect the risks and opportunities and actions required – does not produce the budget or plan as this remains a business responsibility.
- Partners with the MD of the business area and with finance to ensure financial MI aligns to business requirements, whilst aligning to the Bank’s standardised reporting approach, identifying value drivers and KPIs for monitoring
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Ability to challenge, influence and negotiate with senior leaders, including at executive level
Proven track record of using commercial acumen to influence positive financial outcomes
Strongly analytical and demonstrable expertise in producing high quality financial analysis
Ability to translate financial insight for non-financial stakeholders
Strong Excel skills
Proven track record of meeting tight timescales and working within a pressured environment
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What You Can Expect From Us:
- 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- Positive working environment in contemporary offices centrally located in Manchester.
- Strong career path within Financial Services
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact our careers team.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy prior to the closing date once sufficient applications have been reached.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks