Job Title: Lead DevOps Engineer
Location: Manchester 1 day per week / remote working
Grade: Band CR3
Hours: 35 hours per week, full time
Do you have a desire to develop your knowledge within a DevOps organisation?
If you have Cloud (AWS) architecture expertise and an ability to drive, lead and motivate a team, then this permanent opportunity might be the one for you!
We are the bank for people with purpose. We believe in the power of 'we' and putting values and ethics first. We are looking for talented individuals who want to make their next career move in a bank that celebrates co-operative spirit. We put the customer at the heart of everything we do and wholly embrace advocates who truly connect and endorse our brand. And did we mention we are award winning? Year on year award winners for our products, our customer service and our commitment to communities. What's not to love!
About the role
Our Release and Availability team are responsible for developing our route to live systems, building & maintaining environments, and ensuring the operability of the services we offer. You’ll get the opportunity help embed and foster a culture of DevOps across the business and teams you interact with including Architecture, Software Development and many others!
As a Lead Engineer you will lead in establishing of the DevOps culture across the bank, working with build and run teams to innovate the provision of delivery services. Working in an Agile software delivery lifecycle, provision and support environments, monitoring systems and support the resolution of incidents. You will take an active role in promoting the principles of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery for both software and infrastructure, leading in service innovation and acting as an evangelist for a DevOps culture.
* Lead a small team of DevOps engineers, including immediate line management
* Champion the vision and purpose of the Release and Availability team in the build and run organisation.
* Work to enable and support teams rather than provide a service – creating a self-service model of deployment and operations rather than building a dependency
* Collaborate with delivery teams to make deployments more Rapid, Reliable, Repeatable and Reproducible.
* Maintain strong relationships with developers, architects, testers and operations organisation
* Technically lead in production incidents to provide challenge, insight and agreement in incident diagnosis.
* Actively engage with stakeholders, taking ownership of requirements and developing solutions
* Ensure governance processes are maintained, fit-for-purpose and adhered to
* Experience with Cloud based architectures including AWS
* Experience building CI toolchains using Gitlab, Jenkins, Maven, Ant etc
* Experience with tooling to support micro-services based architecture – Docker, Kubernetes etc
* A background in Systems Administration across Linux/AIX/WAS platforms
* Computer Science Degree / Cloud service provider certifications or accreditations
* Excellent troubleshooting/fault resolution skills
Additional Skills Required
* Experience working in a collaborative DevOps environment
* Ability to coach, lead, inspire, support, and motivate colleagues
* Knowledge and awareness of technology specific Retail and Commercial Banking industry trends, challenges, solutions and best practices
What You Can Expect From Us:
- 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days
- Agile working including opportunity to work from home
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- Positive working environment in contemporary offices centrally located in Manchester
- Strong career path within a DevOps organisation
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact our careers team on 0344 844 8811.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy prior to the closing date once sufficient applications have been reached. This vacancy will remain open for a minimum of 2 weeks for internal candidates.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.