Cyber Security Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Remote working / Manchester Office
We are the bank for people with purpose. We believe in the power of ‘we’ and putting values and ethics first. We are looking for talented individuals who want to make their next career move in a bank that celebrates co-operative spirit. We put the customer at the heart of everything we do and wholly embrace advocates who truly connect and endorse our brand. And did we mention we are award winning? Year on year award winners for our products, our customer service and our commitment to communities. What’s not to love!
Purpose of the role:
This is a great opportunity to join our Cyber Security team, which is part of the larger Chief Operating Office (COO) function. As a Cyber Security Engineering Technology Advisor, you will be helping with the Co-operative Bank’s journey to becoming the Digital Ethical Bank of the future.
- To ensure the current security tools that the Bank support are updated and kept in support
- Support the Banks DNS and MDNS service including certificate management.
- Maintain and support the Banks Internet Security stack including proxies, Web application firewalls, IDPS etc
- Support and maintain the Banks security Network Infrastructure including checkpoint and cisco firewalls
- Support project work to select and install new security tooling as required
- Provide guidance and support as the Bank looks to develop its cloud security strategy.
- Support the Bank Cryptography team including Certificate management, PKI, HSM etc.
- Produce industry standard documentation in support of activities, processes and procedures.
- You will investigate and resolve complex and critical security issues and produce recommendations to influence change.
- You will keep up to date with knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements and industry best practice to develop expertise providing more effective services, and supply technical leadership to others as required.
- In addition, you will possess a strong culture of teamwork, mutual respect and social responsibility
We look to recruit individuals from all different backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick every box. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are open to discuss flexible work options to help you balance your work and home life.
A broad knowledge and experience of information security/IT security and specialist knowledge of technologies and standards.
Detailed knowledge and experience of some of the following
Symmetric and Asymmetric Cryptography
Digital certificate management
Hardware Security Modules
Proxies (Web and Email)
Managed File Transfer
Cloud Security tooling
Experience in maintaining security and cryptographic infrastructure including building and configuring devices, patch management and incident resolution.
Experience of working within an operational support environment operational support driven by an ITIL or equivalent frame work.
Degree qualified or other relevant IT Security qualification (e.g CISSP).
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
Significant experience in IT security and within a Security operational environment.
Previous experience in financial services industry.
Detailed knowledge and experience of any of the following technologies:
Venafi product suite
Thales nShield/Payshield, SafeNET Luna SA/Luna EFT or KeySecure HSM devices
What You Can Expect From Us:
- 27 day’s holiday at start, rising to 30 days
- Agile working including opportunity to work from home
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- Strong career path
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications form talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.