Cyber Security Recover - Cloud Security Analyst
Formed in 1872 in Victorian Rochdale, our bank was built on co-operative values that still stand today. A lot has happened in 150 years, and we’ve been there through it all. Not just helping people with their money, but helping people fight for justice and the causes they care about. We are the only UK high street bank with a customer-led Ethical Policy; one of the main reasons our customers choose to bank with us.
Purpose of the role:
As a Cloud Security Analyst, you will be working in the Recover function within the cyber security function. You will be responsible for developing and implementing appropriate technologies to improve the Bank’s cyber resilience, processes and operations. You will support plans for cyber resilience and assist senior colleagues in the restoration of any capabilities or services impaired due to cyber security incidents.
A key part of your responsibilities will involve assisting with the remediation and improvements in relation to the Bank’s cyber security capabilities as part of the Cyber Security improvement programme, in particular supporting the Bank’s cloud technology roadmap, building and improving its Devsecops capability, all with the purpose of protecting the Bank and ultimately our customers.
* Assist with the delivery of improvements and new capabilities within the Cyber Security function in support of the Recover team
* Engage with the other areas of the cyber security function, ensuring knowledge transfer initiatives are completed. This involves using collaboration software such as JIRA and Confluence.
* Assist in the delivery of the Cyber Security improvement programme, helping senior team members with the selection and implementation of new cloud security tooling and capabilities.
* Support the team in developing the Banks cloud roadmap.
* Work with the wider cyber security team in improving the DevSecOps capability within the Bank in support of digital transformation.
* Produce industry standard documentation in support of activities, processes and procedures using a range of collaboration tools
* Supporting core cloud technologies within the Bank and working with a number of SaaS solutions (software as a service)
* Unique exposure to a number of workstreams within the Bank covering a range of Cyber topics.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
An awareness of IT Security Standards and Frameworks preferable, however training will be given to support development within these areas. (e.g. NIST, ISO).
A technical background is essential – the applicant must have some practical experience with either Devsecops or cloud engineering.
Knowledge and understanding of any of the following would be extremely advantageous
Cloud Security tooling
Proxies (Web and Email)
Logical & Physical controls
* Willingness and experience of working with multinational 3rd parties and suppliers, as this is a key part of delivering projects within the Bank
* You're a passionate technologist, keen to develop your skills and learn about the latest emerging technologies
* Coding skills (Python or Powershell is a plus)
* Familiarity with Linux OS
* The ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced environment within a growing team.
* Knowledge of Agile ways of working preferable
* Knowledge of Infrastructure automation, containerisation and cloud Orchestration is a benefit
* In addition, you will possess a strong culture of teamwork, mutual respect and social responsibility, in line with the Bank’s Values and Behaviours.
What You Can Expect From Us:
* Flexible and remote working
* 27 days holiday, plus opportunity to buy 5 extra days
* Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
* Positive, friendly work culture that promotes work life balance
* Commitment from employers on continued learning & development
* Wellbeing support ‘Help@Hand’ offers mental health support, physiotherapy, GP’s for both you and your family.
* 2 paid days for volunteering per year
* ‘MyReward’ corporate discount for over 800 retailers and Cycle to Work Scheme.
* Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
* Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
* Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.