Colleague inclusion networks
We have three inclusion networks currently at our Bank, run by colleagues, for colleagues:
Our LGBT network Proud Together aims to create an environment of equality, support and fairness for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender colleagues (LGBT) at our Bank and to promote this inside and outside of the Bank. It’s a fully inclusive group which has driven a number of activities in 2018, including:
- LGBT History Month
- Trans Day of Visibility
- Film Night (The Greatest Showman)
- Pay Day Social
- Proud Together Anniversary celebration and IDAHOBiT awareness (International Day Against Homophobia, BiPhobia and Transphobia)
- Manchester Pride Parade
Hear more from Chris Wilkin, Project Manager and Ambassador of Proud Together:
Elevate is our women's career network, committed to inspiring, connecting and developing members to reach their career aspirations and potential. So far this year Elevate have:
- Celebrated International Women's Day by organising a number of talks from senior leaders about their inspirational career journeys
- Run LinkedIn masterclasses to help colleagues to network and build their profile
- Supported the Bank's career confidence programme, aimed at women but open to all
In July 2018 we launched a new colleague network called Access to support those with disabilities, long-term health conditions, mental health conditions and caring responsibilities. Members include colleagues who have physical and mental health impairments, those with carer responsibilities and colleagues who want to lend their support. The group has it's own newsletter and regular colleague 'spotlight' story.
We are supportive of new networks and are currently exploring setting up a BAME colleague network to support colleagues from Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic backgrounds.