Why work for us?
We’re ethical. We’re different. We’re pioneering. And we’ve looked after our customers and colleagues for over 140 years. Today we’re experiencing a major transformation. And we can offer you the opportunity to make history as we create the ethical bank of the future.
Launch your career at The Co‑operative Bank as a graduate and these are just some of the things you could look forward to:
- £26,500 pa starting salary (£30,500 inner London weighting for London Treasury role) plus regular performance based salary reviews
- On top of eight public holidays, you'll enjoy 25 days' annual leave, increasing every year for five years (up to 30 days). Pro-rating applies if you're part-time. From January 1st 2018 annual leave for new starters will increase to 27 days per year
- Contributory pension scheme
Training & development
- Study support for relevant professional qualifications, including fees, study leave and informal input from experienced colleagues
- Access to management level personal development masterclasses that range from communication skills and managing change, to leadership principles and networking & stakeholder management
- A buddy who will help you to settle into each placement
- A mentor from our senior management team who will help you to grow, network and get the most out of our 2-year graduate leadership programme
- The opportunity to get together with other graduates on strategic bank-wide projects, carrying out R&D and presenting your findings and recommendations
- Invitations to relevant internal and external networking groups
- The opportunity to practise your public speaking skills and get feedback and advice from experienced professionals
Since joining The Co‑operative Bank as a Graduate Trainee, I have actively contributed to a number of large-scale projects, adding real value and actually helping to achieve the Bank’s strategic plan. In addition, I’m currently working towards a professional qualification. It really is an amazing place to build a career.
Audit Leadership Programme
The opportunity to join the only bank on the high street with a customer-led ethical policy really appealed to me. Throughout the selection process the level of contact was excellent - way beyond other companies. I’m now looking forward to seeing all of the different sides of digital within banking.
Digital Leadership Programme
Not only do I share the same values, I chose The Co‑operative Bank because of the supportive and inclusive culture and the opportunity to complete a professional qualification while working on exciting new initiatives.
Banking Leadership Programme
The ethical principles and opportunity to impact on a business that is experiencing a real turn-around really appealed to me. Everyone is welcoming, this was my No1 choice.
Technology & Transformation Graduate
Don’t worry if your degree isn’t geared towards banking. I did a degree in Chemistry. I can see how I can apply my skills and I couldn’t resist the opportunity to work in different teams and get involved with projects from start to finish.
Banking Leadership Programme