Why work for us?
We've always been driven by something different: an ethical approach to banking. It’s why we were the first UK high street bank to introduce a customer-led Ethical Policy – a policy that’s been shaped by over 320,000 customer responses since it was launched in 1992. It’s why our values and ethics underpin everything we do. It’s part of what makes us different. If you share our passion for doing the right thing, you could help us shape the digital, ethical bank of the future. In addition to training and support to develop your career with us, as a Co‑operative Bank graduate you’ll enjoy...
- £27,500 starting salary plus performance-based salary reviews
- Our Manchester City Centre HQ – a recently refurbished building right opposite Victoria Train Station
- 27 days leave + bank holidays + the opportunity to buy more
- Two paid volunteer days a year
- Flexible working
- Up to 10% pension contribution
- Retail and gym discounts
- The opportunity to make a real difference
Training and development
- Study support for relevant professional qualifications, including fees, study leave and informal input from experienced colleagues
- Access to management level personal development masterclasses that range from communication skills and managing change, to leadership principles and networking & stakeholder management
- A buddy who will help you to settle into each placement
- A mentor from our senior management team who will help you to grow, network and get the most out of our two year graduate leadership programme
- The opportunity to practice your public speaking skills and get feedback and advice from experienced professionals
- Exposure to Senior Leaders from across the organisation
- The opportunity to network with other graduates and peers on strategic bank-wide projects.
- Encouragement to attend internal and external networking groups
Since joining The Co‑operative Bank as a Graduate Trainee, I have actively contributed to a number of large-scale projects, adding real value and actually helping to achieve the Bank’s strategic plan. In addition, I’m currently working towards a professional qualification. It really is an amazing place to build a career.
Audit Leadership Programme
The opportunity to join the only bank on the high street with a customer-led ethical policy really appealed to me. Throughout the selection process the level of contact was excellent - way beyond other companies. I’m now looking forward to seeing all of the different sides of digital within banking.
Digital Leadership Programme
Not only do I share the same values, I chose The Co‑operative Bank because of the supportive and inclusive culture and the opportunity to complete a professional qualification while working on exciting new initiatives.
Banking Leadership Programme
The ethical principles and opportunity to impact on a business that is experiencing a real turn-around really appealed to me. Everyone is welcoming, this was my No1 choice.
Technology & Transformation Graduate