Risk is central to everything we do. It impacts on every major strategic, transactional and ethical decision we make. As things are changing fast, we’ve never been busier in risk management. We’re in our element and embrace all aspects of it.
From new technologies to new regulations, our 200+ risk specialists identify where we’re heading and manage any obstacles that might stop us from getting to where we want to go. We listen. We learn. We tell it how it is. We ensure our customers are protected. And we make sure our transformation continues at pace.
Risk has a big impact on our business. You’ll experience it for yourself on a variety of placements where you could:
- See how we prevent, identify and evaluate all kinds of potential risks
- Learn how to implement appropriate controls that will mitigate or avoid risks to protect our customers, business and partners
- Keep a close eye on our customer interactions, making sure our communications are clear and straightforward
- Implement a range of compliance activities to achieve best practice and meet industry regulations
- Take preventative and corrective actions to protect our Bank, shareholders and the financial system
Not only will you learn on the job, you’ll study towards professional qualifications. You’ll build lifelong networks. And you’ll shadow and work alongside some of the best minds in the industry.
Your personal development plan will make sure you develop new and existing skills whilst you work towards a relevant qualification, enjoying the support of a mentor along the way.
Are you made of the right stuff?
A bright and ambitious graduate with excellent analytical and problem solving skills, you’ll share our passion for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do. You’ll have infectious energy and positivity. You’ll also be a superb communicator and organiser with a good commercial brain.
If you’ve got all of these things and more, get ready to kick-start your career in risk management.
"Through working closely with senior leaders and building a robust personalised development programme, graduates at The Co‑operative Bank are encouraged to develop key technical and leadership skills in a challenging environment. I was attracted by the promise of a 'hands on' learning experience that enables graduates to actively contribute to the Bank's future. This will prepare us for influential roles in the future by encouraging graduates to lead initiatives and drive our own development."
Thomas Beattie, Risk Graduate